when's the party?

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Disneyland=The Happiest Place on Earth??


So, Jonathan's preschool had an amazing deal on Disneyland tickets, but we had to go during a desginated week. I was slightly apprehensive--ok, extremely apprehensive--about going to Disneyland by myself with Jonathan and Lauren, but I did it!! Let's just say that Disneyland is NOT the "Happiest Place on Earth" for little Miss Lauren. There were great moments where she was asleep and content, and I was thinking, "This is a piece of cake. I can do this. No biggie." And then there were THOSE moments were she was screaming bloody murder and was not a happy camper. Through it all, Jonathan was great and a real trooper. He was able to go exploring on "Treasure Island", ride Winnie the Pooh, get a Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, help Buzz fight Zurg, and fly the rocket.
Sidenote on the rocket ride: I had Lauren in the Baby Bjorn and got in the rocket with Jonathan. The guy came to our rocket and told me that I had to take her out and sit her on my lap!!! Are you kidding me?!? How is that safer?!? So, Jonathan is flying the rocket and decides to fly the rocket low; well, when you do that the centrifugal force is stronger. I was freaking out because I thought that I was going to drop Lauren. I kept telling Jonathan to raise the rocket; he was oblivious to my hysteria. By the time I manuevered my foot to pull back on the controls to raise the rocket, the ride was over. Needless to say I will NOT be riding the rockets again while holding a baby! :@
By the time we got home, we were all exhausted, but the good news is that we are once again Disneyland passholders. YEAH!!

5 comments:

Cathleen said...

Hats off to you...you are one brave lady!

Nicki said...

I hear you! Last time we were at Disneyland, Grant had to sit by himself (next to one of us) on some of the rides. I was like, "I can't even get this kid to sit still in his highchair and you think he's gonna sit here?" It's kinda scary!

byers babes said...

You are a crazy woman to take a newborn to Dland at all! Then you did the rockets? I think you've given new mom's all over the world (or whoever reads your blog) new hope that you can hold onto your toddler and infant while riding the rockets at Dland. Your husband, on the other hand, may not let you go again. :)

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, poor Jenn! I had to laugh at the picture in my mind of the "hysteria" though...Jonathan probably had the biggest smile on his face. Maybe stick with It's a Small World from now on. Glad you all survived...and are willing to try again being passholders now. (Do YOU actually go more than once with YOUR pass? hee hee hee)

Anonymous said...

I've taken the boys many places by myself but, Dland is not one that I think I would try. You are a brave woman and I admire you for your courage.