
You can tell a lot about yourself by just listening to your kids and what they say. It is amazing what they pick up on. The past several days Jonathan has been calling me "Honey" and "Hun". It cracks me up so of course that eggs him on. I have become very self-conscious of how often I call him "honey" and "hon", but I can not seem to stop calling him that. I guess that is better than calling him other things, right?
Other funny things that he has said recently:
- "Lenny Krapfitz" = Lenny Kravitz. I just bought his latest CD, and Jonathan wanted to listen to it in the car. (He does venture out from The Wiggles more frequently these days and likes to listen to mommy and daddy's music too).
- "How's it goin' Dad?" When Jonathan first said this I just had to laugh. Holy cow, my little guy is growing up!
- "Mom, I am going to count to three. You need to make a good choice." Now I can not imagine where he got this one from...
- The best ones are when he has "quiet" time up in his room, and he is playing with his toys. One time, he gave one of his Bionicles a "time-out" because he made a bad choice. Well, you gotta do what you gotta do!
So beware moms and dads everywhere, we have little ears listening and little eyes watching every thing we say and do. NO PRESSURE!! And the best part is: Our kids will most likely share the not so flattering stuff at the most inopportune time! Gotta love it!!


3 comments:
What a crack up! Kids really do provide the best entertainment. Over the years, we have heard several things that came out of our mouth come back to haunt us. When we first taught Isabelle to speak, we would say every new word twice, just to reinforce it. She took that to mean that every word needs to be said twice. I've always taught my children the same way, but none have taken me so literally.
That is great! I'd rather not think of all the things Lauren is announcing at school to her teachers. Scary thought! I love that he's now counting to 3 for you! We can learn a lot about pur parenting techniques from their "impressions" of us!
Oh My Gosh!! You've got to keep posting these types of things. He is hilarious. Krapfitz?! Love it!
Post a Comment